Get Ready For Higher Meat Prices
How’s it going America,
Get ready for higher grocery bills as food inflation is hitting US supermarkets. Not a good news for meat lovers as rising demand for meat caused prices to balloon even more. According to a Morning Consult survey last week, consumers spend more on red meat now than than they were at the start of the year.
New coronavirus cases across the United States have tumbled to rates not seen in more than 11 months. Health experts credit an efficient rollout of vaccines for the turnaround. As cases, hospitalizations and deaths steadily dropped this week, pre-pandemic life in America has largely resumed.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s vaccine safety group is investigating reports that a ‘small number’ of teens and young adults who have been vaccinated against coronavirus have experienced heart problems days after receiving their second jab. The condition, known as myocarditis, results in an inflammation of the heart muscle which can occur following certain infections.
Twenty-one people were killed after hail, freezing rain and high winds hit runners taking part in a 100-kilometre (62-mile) cross-country mountain race in China, state media said Sunday. Among the dead were elite Chinese long-distance runners, local media reported.
SpaceX’s Elon Musk and Blue Origin’s Jeff Bezos are still at odds with each other. The long-simmering rivalry between the richest men on the planet goes on as they continue their quest to privatize human space exploration. The billionaires have fought over several reasons, like the launch pad at the Kennedy Space Center and competing to put thousands of satellites in Earth orbit. Now, they are competing to send US astronauts back on the Moon.
Country star Morgan Wallen became blacklisted since February after he was caught on camera using the N-word. Though he publicly apologized, the incident was not forgotten. The CMA has disqualified Wallen from being nominated for any award that would go solely to him — entertainer of the year and male vocalist of the year.
- Meat Eaters Hit Hardest as Inflation Sweeps U.S. Grocery Aisles
- New COVID-19 cases plummet to lowest levels since last June
- CDC investigates dozens of reports of heart inflammation in teenagers and young adults that occur four days after their second dose of Moderna or Pfizer vaccines
- 21 runners dead as extreme weather hits China ultramarathon
- The rivalry between Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos already was intense. Now it’s extending to the moon.
- Morgan Wallen Is Disqualified for Top CMA Awards, But Will Be Eligible in Collaborative Categories