More People Turn to Crowdfunding to Get by This Pandemic
Happy Sunday morning America,
The pandemic has been devastating for millions of people across the US who lost their jobs since February 2020. Relief packages, stimulus checks and extended unemployment benefits from the government were not enough for some Americans. That’s why more and more people turn to crowdfunding sites like GoFundMe or even Facebook to ask monetary help from strangers. Hang in there, guys.
The gap in vaccine access between rich and poor nations is undeniable. In the US, 1 in 4 Americans are fully vaccinated and over 40% have received at least the first dose. Meanwhile, other countries are still struggling to get vaccine supplies that even the WHO notices the global vaccine inequities.
Israel, the world leader in Covid vaccination drive, reported ZERO new daily coronavirus death for the first time in ten months. Unfortunately, many countries face surges in new cases and deaths. Israel has vaccinated about 80% of its adult population. That’s impressive.
New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo had been involved in a series of controversies over the past few months. His poll numbers had fallen to the lowest level due to allegations of pandemic mismanagement and sexual harassment. However, his ratings, which is worse than they were in 2014 or 2018, may still be enough to win him re-election. Let’s see.
SpaceX founder Elon Musk announced that he plans to send 1 million people to Mars by 2050. He also said that a “bunch of people will probably die” during SpaceX’s first trips to the Red Planet. Oh yeah, he said that during an interview. But he added that it “will be an amazing experience” for them.
Caitlyn Jenner doesn’t care about gender appropriation, tweeting “California has bigger issues than pronouns.” That’s after The View‘s Joy Behar, misgendered the California governor wannabe. Behar has apologized to Jenner, blaming lack of sleep for the “pronoun mix-up.”
Spread some love guys,
- Struggling to stay afloat during the pandemic, people turn to strangers online for help
- As pandemic surges anew, global envy and anger over U.S. vaccine abundance
- Israel records ZERO daily Covid deaths for first time in ten months as it closes hospital coronavirus wards with more than 80% of adults vaccinated
- Cuomo’s Approval Rating Has Fallen. He Could Still Win Re-Election.
- Elon Musk warns ‘people will probably die’ during ‘glorious’ SpaceX mission to Mars
- Caitlyn Jenner accepts Joy Behar’s apology for misgendering her on ‘The View’: ‘I’m not about cancel culture’