Following the deadly Astroworld Festival in Houston, Texas, Travis Scott attended an afterparty at Dave & Buster’s.
According to Yahoo, Scott was unaware that eight people had died in a crowd surge during his performance that night. Sources said he immediately left the party after becoming aware of the situation’s severity.
The timeline of the event seems to be as follows. Scott, who founded the festival in 2018, performed with Drake at roughly 9 p.m. on Nov. 5, when the crowd started to surge toward the stage. Some of the approximately 50,000 attendees were crushed and trampled, and by 9:38 p.m., authorities declared the situation a mass-casualty event. At 9:40 p.m., the first person received medical treatment. As ambulances with flashing lights and medical crews assisted people in the crowd, Scott continued performing until about 10:15 p.m.
Kylie Jenner, Scott’s girlfriend, attended the show with their 3-year-old daughter. Jenner said they “weren’t aware of any fatalities until the news came out after the show.”
Dozens of lawsuits have been filed against ScoreMore Shows, Live Nation, Contemporary Services Corporation, Harris County Sports and Convention Corporation, and Scott. Drake was also named as a defendant in at least one.
An event-planning document created by the concert organizers ScoreMore instructed Astroworld staff members to refer to any dead concertgoers using the term “smurf.”
Eight people died that night, but two other concertgoers have succumbed to their injuries since then, bringing the death toll to 10.