hello

Fox News

November 23, 2021

Two Fox News Contributors Quit Over Tucker Carlson’s Jan. 6 Doc

Two Fox News contributors quit over host Tucker Carlson’s new documentary series on the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

Stephen Hayes and Jonah Goldberg, two leading conservative writers and pundits who have regularly appeared on the network since 2009, announced they had resigned from Fox.

“The special — which ran on Fox’s subscription streaming service earlier this month and was promoted on Fox News — is presented in the style of an exposé, a hard-hitting piece of investigative journalism,” the pair wrote on their website The Dispatch. “In reality, it is a collection of incoherent conspiracy-mongering, riddled with factual inaccuracies, half-truths, deceptive imagery, and damning omissions. And its message is clear: The U.S. government is targeting patriotic Americans in the same manner — and with the same tools — that it used to target al Qaeda.”  

Carlson’s controversial series, Patriot Purge, claims to tell an alternative version of Jan. 6, featuring at least one participant that suggests the event may have been a “false flag” operation.

In their post, Goldberg and Hayes lamented an ongoing trend where Fox’s top opinion hosts have “amplified the false claims and bizarre narratives of Donald Trump or offered up their own in his service.” 

“Indeed, the news side of Fox routinely does what it is supposed to do: It reports the truth,” they wrote, noting that “there are still responsible conservatives providing valuable opinion and analysis.”

“But the voices of the responsible are being drowned out by the irresponsible,” Hayes and Goldberg wrote.

“If a person with such a platform shares such misinformation loud enough and long enough, there are Americans who will believe — and act upon — it,” the pair wrote, referring to Carlson.

Goldberg said he’s not going to judge Fox employees who remain at the network.

“There are lots of people there that I respect and like and consider friends, and they’re making a decision based upon how to provide for their families and deal with their careers and all of that,” Goldberg told the New York Times

“And there are also lots of people over there who think the Fox opinion side today is awesome,” he added. 

Source:

Two Fox News contributors quit over Tucker Carlson’s Jan. 6 documentary

September 24, 2021

JUST IN: Fox News bans Rudy Giuliani

Fox News banned Rudy Giuliani and his son from appearing on the network, Politico reported Friday.

Though the ban has been in place for a few months, the former New York City mayor only recently learned of the move.

A “Fox & Friends Weekend” co-host, Pete Hegseth, reportedly called Guiliani the night before a scheduled Sept. 11 appearance to apologize and inform him of its cancellation.

A source close to the one-time lawyer of former President Donald Trump said Giuliani was upset by the decision because he did “a big favor” for Fox founder and Chairman Rupert Murdoch. 

“He was instrumental in getting Fox on Time Warner so it could be watched in New York City,” the source said.

The network also reportedly banned Giuliani’s son, Andrew Giuliani, though it is unclear when that ban started. Since Andrew began his New York gubernatorial campaign in May, he has not appeared on the network.

A Fox spokesperson denied that Giuliani was scheduled to appear on “Fox & Friends” on Sept. 11 but also declined to comment on whether there was a ban in place. The spokesperson denied that Giuliani’s son was banned, saying he made multiple appearances on the network since announcing his gubernatorial run.

Source:

Fox News bans Rudy Giuliani from appearing: report

Photo by Gage Skidmore is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0

Scroll to top