hello

Travis Scott

November 17, 2021

Travis Scott went to afterparty at Dave & Buster’s the night of Astroworld tragedy

Following the deadly Astroworld Festival in Houston, Texas, Travis Scott attended an afterparty at Dave & Buster’s.

According to Yahoo, Scott was unaware that eight people had died in a crowd surge during his performance that night. Sources said he immediately left the party after becoming aware of the situation’s severity.

The timeline of the event seems to be as follows. Scott, who founded the festival in 2018, performed with Drake at roughly 9 p.m. on Nov. 5, when the crowd started to surge toward the stage. Some of the approximately 50,000 attendees were crushed and trampled, and by 9:38 p.m., authorities declared the situation a mass-casualty event. At 9:40 p.m., the first person received medical treatment. As ambulances with flashing lights and medical crews assisted people in the crowd, Scott continued performing until about 10:15 p.m.

Kylie Jenner, Scott’s girlfriend, attended the show with their 3-year-old daughter. Jenner said they “weren’t aware of any fatalities until the news came out after the show.”

Dozens of lawsuits have been filed against ScoreMore Shows, Live Nation, Contemporary Services Corporation, Harris County Sports and Convention Corporation, and Scott. Drake was also named as a defendant in at least one.

An event-planning document created by the concert organizers ScoreMore instructed Astroworld staff members to refer to any dead concertgoers using the term “smurf.” 

Eight people died that night, but two other concertgoers have succumbed to their injuries since then, bringing the death toll to 10.

Source:

Travis Scott attended afterparty amid Astroworld Festival disaster, was unaware of fatalities

November 11, 2021

Alec Baldwin’s daughter ‘triggered’ by Astroworld tragedy

Alec Baldwin’s daughter Ireland said she was “triggered” by the tragedy at rapper Travis Scott’s Astroworld concert in the wake of her father’s fatal shooting of a cinematographer on the set of the film Rust.

“Making baseless, misinformed claims and conspiracy theories all over the internet does nothing but [take] away from the facts and actually honoring those who are suffering due to this,” Ireland wrote on social media. “I was personally ‘triggered’ because of recent misinformation that spread from the tragic event that took place on my father’s movie set. And SO many people pretending like they have any idea how filmmaking and stunt coordination works.”

A crowd surge at the event left eight people, including a 14-year-old, dead and hundreds more injured.

According to Yahoo, the 26-year-old initially appeared to be defending Scott.

“Y’all are really killing me these days,” Ireland reportedly wrote in a now-expired Instagram Story. “You believe everything that you see on Twitter and TikTok and completely bandwagon on spreading misinformation. First, you were armory/stunt coordination pros when it came to the horrific tragedy involving my dad…and now Travis Scott is demonic because he ALLOWED people to die at his show?”

“I am in no way defending Travis Scott because, honestly, I don’t know him or care personally,” she later clarified. “and the only aspect of this I care about is that people died because this brand-new festival neglected to have the proper safety protocols in place.”

“He incites the rage. No doubt about that. But I refuse to fall into this twisted cancel culture bullshit when it’s coming from people who have no idea how anything works,” she added.

Ireland said she decided to speak on the subject after seeing TikTok posts claiming that Scott had planned the tragedy as part of a bizarre satanic ritual.

Source:

Ireland Baldwin ‘triggered’ by Astroworld tragedy, 3 weeks after ‘Rust’ shooting: ‘So many people to be blamed’

November 10, 2021

Lawsuits emerge in wake of deadly Astroworld concert

Lawsuits are emerging in the wake of the deadly crowd surge at the Astroworld concert in Houston that left eight people dead and hundreds more injured, including a 10-year-old boy. Some legal experts believe that rapper Travis Scott’s legal past could leave him at risk.

Scott’s history of encouraging rowdy concerts

At a 2017 concert in Arkansas, Scott was arrested after encouraging fans to bypass security and rush the stage, leaving a security guard, a police officer, and several others injured. In a separate incident, he pled guilty to reckless conduct charges stemming from a 2015 incident at Lollapalooza in Chicago, wherein he encouraged fans to jump security barricades.

At a New York City concert in 2017, a man says he was left partially paralyzed after someone pushed him from a third-floor balcony. He alleges it happened after Scott encouraged people to jump.

This year’s now-deleted ad for Astroworld showed fans breaking through barricades and storming the concert grounds at the 2019 event.

“This tragedy was months, if not years, in the making,” lawyer Steve Kherkher wrote in a lawsuit seeking more than $1 million in damages for a man who was trampled at Astroworld. Kherkher said the tragic event was “predictable and preventable” considering the rapper’s history.

“The band kept going on and on long after the problem existed. It’s hard to believe that wasn’t a conscious disregard to the audience, to safety and welfare.”

Legal troubles ahead

So far, more than a dozen lawsuits have been filed against Scott and several companies, including Live Nation and concert promoter ScoreMore. The suits claim that organizers acted negligently.

“The way the concert was set up, planned, organized, and the way things were handled once there was a problem, it boggles the mind,” said lawyer Tony Buzbee, who’s representing three dozen victims, including 21-year-old Axel Acosta, who died.

Several attorneys believe the litigation will also focus on an unexplained 37-minute delay between when Houston city officials declared a “mass casualty event” and when Astroworld organizers finally stopped the show.

“The band kept going on and on long after the problem existed,” personal injury lawyer Frank Branson said. “It’s hard to believe that wasn’t a conscious disregard to the audience, to safety and welfare.”

Experts weigh-in on the potential defense

While Scott’s past will likely shape the case against him, Dallas lawyer Ellen Presby said his defense would probably argue that he’s just a performer who outsources the security details to someone else. If she were defending him, Presby would “try to find facts that he was as surprised and horrified as everyone else.”

Presby said Scott’s defense team will likely argue that “what he does is hop on the stage and do his thing, and it’s all set up for him.”

Additionally, Houston lawyer C.J. Baker said it would be difficult to establish intent instead of carelessness.

“You would need to show that he acted in a way that he sort of knew what was happening and acted that way anyway,” Baker said. “That is a much bigger, much steeper hill to climb.”

According to the Associated Press, it’s unclear what the 30-year-old rapper could see from the stage as fans were being pushed and trampled.

Scott posted a statement on the tragedy on his Instagram, saying he was “devasted” by the deaths.

“Anytime I can make out what’s going on, I stop the show and help them get the help they need,” he wrote. “I could just never imagine the severity of the situation.”

Source:

Rapper’s rowdy past raises red flags in Astroworld lawsuits

Photo by Brandon Dull

Scroll to top